There are infinite numbers of opening lines or better termed “conversation starters” that can be effectively used to break the ice in a social setting. It is improtant to keep in mind that there are just as many other crucial factors effecting the impact of the initial contact of a phrase. Your appearance, the way you deliver your lines, the way you conduct yourself, how and where you stand, eye contact, voice volume and tone, speech speed, smile, your physical gestures such as handshake or bow, the state of your breath can all convey self-confidence, proper image, intelligence, charm, respect… or the lack thereof. Even the most witty and hysterical opening can fall on it face if delivered poorly with mumbled tone of voice, gestures portraying lack of confidence, and fishy breath to top it off.
In addition, consider your social setting or surroundings and try to fit your opening accordingly. An introduction that would suit a place of business could seem to dull or standard for a loud dance bar. However, even exaggerating or slightly making fun of the place can be effective with proper humor. For example, coming up to someone at a stiff black-and-white party to a lady with tight dress and saying “You look great, but would you not like to change into something more comfortable? Like jeans and a t-shirt perhaps??” could be fun and effective.
If you’re really feeling adventurous, take cues from those you would like to meet; can what they are wearing, drinking, eating, looking at, laughing about provide you with a successful entrance? Sometimes the infomation that you get just by hearing and looking at the person can help you gauge the type of opening the person would respond and, therefore, land to a conversation.
Another important factor to keep in mind as you may have heard before on numerous occasions is that wherever and however you approach women on adultfriendrfinder, BE YOURSLELF! It will make your entrance that much more sincere and effective. Being yourself can often be one factor that saves you during your first meeting as the other person will more likely drop their guard more readily and forgive you any imperfections in your presentation. One last thing, only so many things are in your control; there are many that are not which may influence how another perceives and reacts to you. Knowing that, try your best not to take a less than desired outcome personally. The more you try to approach and meet new people, the greater the chances that you’ll find the one you looking for.
- Hi, I’m __.
- Hi, I’m _. Can I give you my card?
- Wow, those are really cool BLANK (earrings, shoes, pants, jewelry…). I’m _.
- Is it always this crowded here?
- Hi, I’m . I’m a friend of your friend . S/he suggested that I say hello.
- Hi, I’m . I saw you make a presentation at the _ conference – your speech was great!”
- Is my BLANK (hair, tie, etc.) okay?”
- Do you have the time?
- Have I seen you here before?
- You have the most wonderful Colgate smile! Would you like to KISS?
- Your hair smells wonderful!
- What’s a BAD girl like you doing in a nice place like THIS?
- I am a terminal cancer patient and this is my last chance to have SEX (place your hand on her shoulder or back)
- Your body’s name must be Visa, because it’s everywhere I want to be.
- Has anyone ever told you you have the most lovely caterpillar eyebrows?
- Can I buy you a drink, or do you just want the money?
- I am broken-hearted. Would you like to nurse me back?
- Can I please kiss you? She says: where? You say: where would you like to be kissed? Where can I kiss you so that your girlfriends will get jealous? Or: All over. Or: So as to break laws in at least 25 states.
- Very effective (takes some courage) anywhere with no music and should be accompanied by you holding her hands gently: would you like to dance? After: see, I knew we would not need any music.
- Lets go to Hawaii together.
- Excuse me, are you just bending down, or POSING for me?
- You are the only natural blonde within a 5 mile (or any distance) radius.
- Love what you did with your hair – do you think this style would work for me (jokingly brush your hair).
- If not for your/my BLANK (You fill in) we could have a amazingly torrid affair!
In a Bar or Restaurant
- Most effective (with drinks in hand) Cheers!
- Miss, I am willing to fight you for this seat! (jokingly raise your fists)
- I would like to propose a toast to the cutest _ (blonde, brunette, or redhead) in this place!
- You are the only natural blonde in this place.
- Is it hot in here, or is it me? Another variation: Is it hot in here, or is it you?
- Is it always this crowded here?
- Do I have broccoli in my teeth?